#StaytheFhome – A Fundraising initiative by YPGroup Communities
- March 27, 2020
- Posted by: Ahmad Corner
- Category: Blog, Press Release, YP Impact
Well, folks… it’s been a few weeks of constant hand washing (I’m beyond ashy); maintaining a 6-foot distance from strangers – and friends 🙁 – and staying the ‘F’ at home. An edifying experience, in a sense.
This new normal is odd, but necessary to keep each other healthy, safe and sane – especially with respect for those who are most vulnerable, and for those on the “frontlines” in essential job roles (we are forever grateful. Thank you for the very important work that you’re doing).
So, what next? The YPGroup Communities teams have committed to keeping you engaged, entertained and safe – while maintaining and continuing to building the kind of community we’ve grown to love.
Our newly launched #Staythefhome initiative aims to achieve this, while raising funds for our community members in need (more on this below).
- Netflix & Chill – Stream movies (and chat) together
- Networkout – An online, live, workout series
- Last Tuesday – The YPOS Happy Hour lives on!
- YP Impact events (coming soon) including: trivia night, panel discussion, home concert, mask making event, blood drives and more!
- YPxBellevue – Virtual networking events (coming soon)
- ProDev – Virtual professional development discussions & workshops (coming soon)
Each one of these events, and much of our future communications, will include a primary call to action: raising funds for the local community impacted by COVID-19, specifically the UW Medicine Department of Laboratory Medicine Virology Lab and the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce Keep Workers Healthy and Safe Fund.
To read more about YP Impact, our 501c3 responsible for managing and distributing funds raised during this initiative, click here.
Thanks for reading. Keep your hands clean, take care of yourselves and #StaytheFhome. We’ll get through this!
- #StaytheFhome – A Fundraising initiative by YPGroup Communities - March 27, 2020
- Building Community Together During Strange Times: We’ve got this, Seattle! - March 18, 2020
- Celebrate Black History Month – 10 Black-Owned Places to Eat, Drink and Shop - February 24, 2020