- August 14, 2018
- Posted by: Ahmad Corner
- Category: Blog, Local Events, Professional Development
Another quarter gone by and another ProDev Day is on the horizon. We’ve, once again, got a talented lineup of community organizers, coaches, consultants and investors donating their time to the ProDev community.
9 sessions, 25+ speakers, 11 community organizations and a happy hour powered by Redhook Brewlab. This is gonna be fun. So come early, show up late or hang out and coworker at ATLAS all day – Seattle’s most accessible professional development event launches in less than 24 hours.
Here’s what to expect:
Where: ATLAS Workbase, 500 Mercer in Seattle’s Lower Queen Anne neighborhood.
When: Wednesday, August 15th. ATLAS doors open at 7am, for coworking & breakfast. First session starts at 9am.
9am – 1 Million Cups: Founded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, 1 Million Cups is a free program designed to educate, engage and connect entrepreneurs with their communities. 1 Million Cups Seattle launched at ProDev Day Q2 and is quickly growing into a well recognized resource for early stage entrepreneurs in the Greater Puget Sound area.
10am – Practice Your Pitch: “Get that outside perspective” as communications expert, Christina Brennan, hosts a workshop highlighting best practices for pitching and persuasive communication. This is part of a monthly ProDev educational series, but get your first taste of persuasive communication at 10am at ProDev Day.
11:30am – Diversity in the Workplace: Grab a bite from the onsite cafe and join in for an open dialogue, hosted by Alanna Francis of Young Professionals with Pride (YPP), about identifying the self and the impact it has on how we navigate through our respective workplaces.
1:45pm – Workshop Hour: Two simultaneous workshops to choose from. It’s physically impossible to be in two places at once, so you’re gonna have to choose just one:
1. Career Crafting with your Core Values: Whether you’re considering an all-up career change or you’re seeking greater effectiveness in the job you already have, knowing more about the ways you’re motivated to make a contribution at work is an important step to your success. Join career coaches and workshop facilitators, Diane Moore & Jennie Sze
2. 7 Keys to a 6-Figure Public Speaking Career: Business coach (and all around awesome guy) Frank Macri, hosts a public speaking workshop helping professionals control their messaging and master their audience.
3:45pm – Women in HR: Emily Kwong moderates a panel of local HR leaders, (Chris Englin, Mikaela Kiner, Natalie Swistak, Lauren Sato, and Michael Walters) to share perspective around how women can advance into corporate leadership roles. Companies represented include: RealSelf, uniquelyHR, Genoa Healthcare and Columbia Hospitality.
5pm – Civic & Community Engagement: Richard Kim, a community organizer and next gen leader of Seattle, put together a pretty important lineup of local, community, leaders ( Adam Schuster, Hilary Nicols, Richard Kim and Megan Bruce) with the intent to educate us on the importance of building community while inspire us to “become better local, national and global citizens”.
6pm – Lost and Founder, a Founders Live fireside chat: Bring your happy hour drinks over to our headline session as Nick Hughes of Founders Live closes the day with marketing legend, Rand Fishkin, founder of SparkToro and Seattle marketing startup, Moz.
Latest posts by Ahmad Corner (see all)
- Celebrate Black History Month – 10 Black-Owned Places to Eat, Drink and Shop - February 24, 2020
- Ending Homelessness: Fighting a Crisis with Lauren McGowan - November 9, 2018
- Announcing: YP Impact - October 1, 2018