- February 12, 2019
- Posted by: Kara Wenrich
- Category: Blog, Local Events
Young Professionals of Seattle & YP Impact (YPOS’s charitable arm) have teamed up with longtime partner, GeekWire, as well as United Way Emerging Leaders and FareStart to take over Seattle’s event calendar for two days of partying, games, drinks and fundraising for awesome causes. And we are able to offer it all at a special bundled price just for you, our Young Professionals.
Don’t want to go to both events? No problem, there is the option to purchase the anniversary party ticket separately.
First up, there is the GeekWire Bash on March 7th, where United Way (our nonprofit partner) and Young Professionals of Seattle will have joint teams for dodgeball, ping pong and Settlers of Catan tournaments! And team members will get a cool $%# shirt to boot.
To join the team, you simply need to:
1. Purchase a bundled ticket
2. Sign up to be an Emerging Leader 365. (The first 12 people who join Emerging Leaders 365 with a donation of $1/day (as a one-time gift of $365 or monthly donations of $30) will get to join the #GeeksUnited teams for dodgeball (8 players), intermediate ping-pong (2 players), or Settlers of Catan (2 players).
GeekWire Bash (Photo Cred: GeekWire)
Next, up is the YPOS 8th Anniversary Party on March 9th! We’re taking this year’s party up a notch.
Not only will we have music, food, drinks, dancing, a photobooth and other activities but we will be hosting a silent auction with some really cool $%# items and experiences – which we will be previewing in the coming weeks. The silent auction will benefit YP Impact’s nonprofit partner United Way, as well as the featured nonprofit of the quarter FareStart! In addition, FareStart and United Way will be bringing some fun games for people to play.
But that is not all! Angel Investor, PicMonkey Chairman and GeekWire Chairman & Co-Founder Jonathan Sposato will be our event ambassador. Sposato is United Way of King County’s Campaign Co-Chair. Stay tuned for more on this special treat.
Speaking of treats, we will have plenty of them. Local bakeries will provide selection of tasty treats on a dessert bar.
Oh, and we can’t forget mentioning the digital swag bag that each attendee will get with some cool discounts and items (this is a newsletter that goes out to all attendees the day after the YPOS Anniversary party, containing discounts/awesome products).
See you at the events!
- Event Recap: Providing Basic Needs for Children at WestSide Baby - August 15, 2019
- How to Be An Ally and Support the LGBTQ Community Year-Round - July 2, 2019
- Celebrating and Welcoming Pride - June 12, 2019